Candy colors and RC bodies?

Any Topics on Painting, Mounting, spoilers, etc.

Candy colors and RC bodies?

Postby zero » Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 am

Just wondering if painting Candy colors on an RC body will work when done from the inside. Normally when painting candy colors you spray the base first (usually a metallic color) then the color coats to obtain the shade and depth you desire then clear. But that is done on the outside. Since alot of RC car bodies are done working backwards on the inside, does the process (just reversed) still work? i.e. - spray the color coats first then spray your metallic base.

Does it come out about the same as if it was done on the outside of the body? Was there anything you needed to do differently to achieve the appropriate hue and coverage?

Also has anyone had any experience using Auto Air candies on the bodies?

Thanks for your time and help!

Trinity
zero

Re: Candy colors and RC bodies?

Postby KeystoneRacing » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:06 am

Yup i have had good success using candies from the inside, just like you said spray the color first until you get the depth you want and back it with your base. I personally have not used the Auto air colors on RC but recently started using them on smaller slot drag bodies with a fair amount of success but they are more sensitive to surface prep then say the Pactra/Testors RC paints.

Hope it helps

Rich McIlroy
Keystone Racing/Keystone Kustomz
Keystone Racing
Rich,Melissa,James & Sean McIlroy
KeystoneRacing

Return to Body and Painting Tips