DRAG RACING'S REBIRTH IN HUNTSVILLE,ALABAMA

Anything concerning the RCDrags.com Website

DRAG RACING'S REBIRTH IN HUNTSVILLE,ALABAMA

Postby Outlaw77 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:16 am

Drag racing, as well as RC in general, seen a decline in these parts years back. Recently in the past couple of years we have seen a resurgence of hobbiests getting back in to it. There is a hand full of guys, along with myself that are planning on running the 132 again starting in May. As of now to begin with it will be a mixed bag of whatever people have that is fast, with plans on forming index classes etc as we get it re established. I for one am looking around for a dedicated chassis like a GMS or something of that calibre to hopefully show people that side of the market.

If there is anyone around these parts who wants to run, or is already running, post up and let us know who/where you are.
Reaction time is equally as important as power
Outlaw77

Re: DRAG RACING'S REBIRTH IN HUNTSVILLE,ALABAMA

Postby Paul Songas » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 am

Bracket/Index racing is a great way to get things going.

We always had at least 1 index class here, a couple years we ran 2 of them, 2.500 and 1.900. It was a lot of fun.
RAE
Grand Motorsports
Team Thunder Power RC
RcDrags.com Admin
Co-Owner MN RC Dragway
Paul Songas
Site Admin

Postby Outlaw77 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Yes we plan on doing some index classes, that way everyone has fun and a equal chance to compete. I like the idea of having to tune down a little to make a number, more challenge than just wide open. We started a FB page and already have a lot of locals getting excited about it.

I'm looking to run a dragster chassis to begin with. What brand would you recommend?
Reaction time is equally as important as power
Outlaw77

Postby ahr43 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Good seeing life breathed back into this forum again. Sounds like you're starting out smart. Important to build a solid base of sportsman racers before venturing into the quicker pro side of the sport. 2.50 Index is guaranteed to pack in the entries. Fast; but not too fast. Best of luck. Be sure to post up results here. Racing minds want to know. . .

Cheers, -AC-
ahr43

Postby BamaLarry » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:34 pm

Trying to get any info on this topic i can as i am trying to get something back going in bama.
BamaLarry

Return to RCDrags.com