R1E redux

New car being built?? Re-building an old classic???? Show the pics here!

R1E redux

Postby ahr43 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:06 am

2013 re-do of my classic 2006 bracket truck (B&W, above). Color image set-up is for 1/8scale mile (66ft) dry surface parking lot. Track action is scarce around here for now. And yes, it's a brushed motor. Awaiting new style Rustler body, wheelie bar, esc and rcvr.

-AC-
ahr43

Re: R1E redux

Postby ahr43 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Here's the v.13 package sans body. 3300 NiMh is for rolling test. 4500 at 2oz heavier goes in for trial runs. ESC is FX-R; motor is 17T Orion Havok. Body in shop awaiting paint is new-style TRX Rustler
-AC-
ahr43

Postby ahr43 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:58 am

New version R1E complete. It's the one in the foreground. PowerPak is 7x3300 NiMh hump pack; FXR ESC; 17T brush motor.
Upgrading to a digital steering servo, so went with higher voltage pack to ensure 6V present at the BEC.

-AC-
ahr43

Postby Paul Songas » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:34 am

Looking good!
RAE
Grand Motorsports
Team Thunder Power RC
RcDrags.com Admin
Co-Owner MN RC Dragway
Paul Songas
Site Admin

Postby ahr43 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:24 pm

This time of year nostalgia usually sweeps over me, remembering days gone by of r/c drag racing. Pulled both R1E's down from the attic for a re-look. Charged up a 7cell NiMH hump pack for the newer R1E bracket truck. Did a 6ft launch in the garage. Still hooks up. Needs a few things to make it a street able scale 1/8 mile (66ft) digger. Updates later. Good seeing this website is still around.

-AC-
ahr43

Postby Paul Songas » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:43 am

Hey AC, Good to see you.
RAE
Grand Motorsports
Team Thunder Power RC
RcDrags.com Admin
Co-Owner MN RC Dragway
Paul Songas
Site Admin

Postby ahr43 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Same here, Paul. Both project cars are done. Using radio staging, so have reversing capability both cars. Rubber tires. No RR foams. No tire sauce. No surface treatment. Oh. And set up for scale 1/8 mile - 66ft.

Photobucket down right now. Will post up images soonest if possible.

Any cars left from your stable, Paul? Three rails here - plus the two re-re bracket cars. Do you hear from Roy anymore? I think about him and his neo-motors every time I go online looking for a brushed motor. Still have his 8T two magnet in my display ETF.

Regards, 'AC'
ahr43

Postby Paul Songas » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:19 am

Hey AC

No cars left, a few of my favorite bodies over the years, that's about it.

I talk with Roy quite often, we race carpet oval together a couple times a month.
RAE
Grand Motorsports
Team Thunder Power RC
RcDrags.com Admin
Co-Owner MN RC Dragway
Paul Songas
Site Admin

Postby ahr43 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 pm

Hey Paul,

Pass along my 'hellos' to Roy next time you see him. Yeah, times change, I guess.

http://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/vorteks/mega

Been thinking about buying an Arrma ST, gluing up a set of Road Rages, slapping in a 7cell NiMH and installing a wheelie bar. Just to see how next gen ST's compare to the old Rusty bracket truck on the scale 1/8 mile. But then again, maybe not.

Tried 1/8 nitro buggy-my old love in r/c. Tracks these days are s-o-o-o big, and drivers stands s-o-o-o high. Too tough for old eyes, legs and bladder. Like r/c drag racings surface launch. No steps to climb. But, those days are gone here in Texas. Guess DFW has something going on. TRX funny car or something like that. Not really interested anymore. Brushless destroyed r/c drag racing in my opinion. Or perhaps, it was that brushless was just not eased in properly to allow racers an affordable transition to new technology. Dunno. Water under the bridge and all that. Had to do it all over again, I'd of stayed with a brushed set-up and NiMH. That would have pretty much relegated me to either bracket or index class. But that'd been smarter on my part. Still think 1/10 drag racing was the best r/c I ever done.

Ramble, ramble. Sorry. Hope you and the family are doing well. Lots of good memories from years past anyway. Cheers, 'AC'
ahr43

Return to Projects